Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tomorrow is THE DAY!

Well, it's finally here! ... in a few minutes, it will be midnight, and therefore -- the tenth of September! I will be leaving Memphis to fly to Detroit at about 9:45am, and will leave for Japan 3:45pm! I'll arrive in Nagoya about 5:55pm and will have to hang around the airport until the rest of the international students arrive. We all have to take the same bus!

Packing was officially the most obnoxious thing I've ever had to do. At least this year. (Last year it was standing in line for about 6 hours in uncomfortable shoes at a convention) I have packed pants, skirts, shirts, dresses, shoes, jewelry, hair accessories, toiletries, sheets, a blanket, makeup, other things for my dorm room.... and my parents STILL have to ship me most of my Lolita clothes and shoes, other winter shoes, and winter clothes when it gets cold enough. For any family members interested, yes, I am taking Fitta.

In the past week, I have had a surprise going away party from my parents, and gotten together with coworkers from Barnes&Noble at Buffalo Wild Wings. The surprise party from my parents was really special to me. I was so happy! However, after it was over and everyone was gone, I started crying my eyes out. I'm going to miss my parents more than anyone else, and I'm just paranoid something is going to happen to someone I care about while I'm gone! Arrrgh! I hope that feeling subsides soon.

Anyway, I'll probably update again soon. Until then, uhh... sweet dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment